Asteroid: a Mac-friendly Bitcoin/Litecoin frontend to cgminer

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Like Asteroid?
Donate some of your hashing time using the in-app slider: Your contributions will help Asteroid stay active and keep it the best Mac miner out there!
Subscribe to push notifications for Asteroid releasesYou can unsubscribe any time from Safari's Preferences.
Version 0.9.7 is now out -- release notes and download
Live coin balances, new mining engine, bugfixes and more
Anyone interested in CPU scrypt mining?
  • KarinKarin
    A couple users has mentioned they'd like to see CPU mining in Asteroid. I've mapped out a way to make this possible, but I'd like to adequately judge how much of a priority for the community this may be. If you'd like to see CPU mining in Asteroid, particularly for scrypt altcoin mining, let me know here.

• XFoxXFox
    I'd like it!
  • jakejake
    Yes please!
  • JoxJox
    Yes please!
  • Yep, Yep... CPU please.
  • KarinKarin
    Thanks for the votes people! I'll do what I can, but it's unlikely to make it into the next version. Keep posting here if you haven't yet and would still like to see CPU-based scrypt mining :)
  • Yes please!!
  • Yes from me as well please!
  • xovxov
    +1 for LTC
  • +1
  • Yes please!
  • auxaux
    Yes, I’d absolutely love to see support for scrypt CPU mining in Asteroid. That way, I can mine some Litecoins on the side.
  • Yes please
  • Made an account just to say, I'm actually sad there isn't really CPU mining available for macs. I would appreciate it so greatly if CPU mining was integrated into asteroid
  • KarinKarin
    Good news for everyone here, I've started adding support into Asteroid for using multiple mining engines, which would include CPU mining. It may not be available in the next version, but the underpinnings are being put into place and it hopefully won't be too much longer :)
  • Awesome! Looking forward to it :-)
  • Yes please!
  • As I commented here

http://www.asteroidapp.com/forums/discussion/comment/616

I get far better scrypt rates on my Macs with CPU mining than GPU.
    At the same time the machines stay responsible.
  • In Asteroid 0.95 there's a preference marked "Disable GPU mining".
    Is that a "no-op" right now, or it is some sort of unoptimized form
    of CPU mining?
  • Excuse me for the silly question... what does it mean to script mining CPU ?
    Bunker
  • @bunker.
    It means you use your cpu Like i7 or i5 to mine. make sense?
  • Yes. And do you think there's some advantage compare to GPU ?
    Thank you
    Bunker
  • alienzedalienzed
    would love it! My GPU is working on Bitcoins and my 8 threads at 3.4ghz are idling :)