Support / Forums
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Apply for Membership
Asteroid - General
Asteroid - Website
cgminer for Mac OS X
In this Discussion
Donate some of your hashing time using the in-app slider:
Your contributions will help Asteroid stay active and keep it the best Mac miner out there!
Version 0.9.5 is now out
Bugfixes and compatibility improvements
Asteroid - General
Known issues with 0.9.2
These are some of the known issues I will be addressing in upcoming versions of Asteroid in approximate order of highest development priority to lower (
not including new features
- inconsistency between hashrates reported by Asteroid and much lower hashrates reported by pools (traceable to a libusb issue), resulting in a loss of performance of around 40%. This affects only
usb-based mining devices
, and not necessarily with everyone. Asteroid will alert you automatically after 30 minutes if you are affected and will ask you some questions to help me diagnose the problem.
- UI bugs when using multiple identical miners (although Asteroid is still hashing correctly if you view the miner console -- click the "i")
- Implement auto intensity for GPUs again
- 10.7 (Lion) compatibility
- Implement scrolling if device list is too long
- Temperature monitoring bugfixes (simple alerts, extra thresholds, etc)
- Sort device list based on device type, name
Please add to this list, or submit in-app feedback (which will also send me your log files to help troubleshoot). Thanks!
I think I have solved the USB bug that was lowering hashrates by using libusb 1.0.2. This version was released in June 2009, but I have tested 44 versions of libusb on Mac OS X and this seems to be the most compatible.
I will be updating Asteroid with libusb 1.0.2 and cgminer 3.4.0 (which just came out today) tonight, and will put out a release asap.
Add a Comment